Wednesday, November 2, 2011

With or Without Pickles?

That's the big question for today. Yup! November 2nd is National Deviled Egg Day! I personally like them both ways. To celebrate this day, I thought I'd make some deviled eggs to have with lunch! Since we don't have any pickles, I guess that answered the question for me!

These don't last very long in our house...
I make my deviled eggs using the Williams-Sonoma recipe. All you need is:
4 eggs, 2 TB mayo, 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard, & 8 small pinches of paprika.

1) Boil eggs ( around15 min), cut, & scoop yolks out.
    Here is a good place to point out my awesome Egg Perfect Egg Timer! I LOVE IT! I just throw in the egg timer along with the eggs in the pot and it changes color as the boiling eggs move from raw to soft, medium or hard boiled! It automatically adjusts to the number of eggs and the level of water in the pot, so you can never go wrong with it! I got it at Williams-Sonoma. I HIGHLY recommend it!

Looks like my eggs are done!

2) Add mayo and mustard with yolks and mash into a paste.
3) Taste and season with salt and pepper.
4) Spoon mixture back into each egg white half and sprinkle paprika on top.

optional: add 1 TB finely chopped sweet pickle to egg yolk and omit paprika

If the eggs fall apart, just chop them up and make egg salad instead and serve on a croissant! Super yummy!

Just another reason to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment