Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese

Sadly when I became pregnant with Clark, I had too few food aversions and too many food cravings. And sadly still, one of those cravings still has not left - JALAPENOS! So when I saw this on pinterest, I HAD to try it!
I read the original recipe off bsinthekitchen.com and just tweaked it a bit to fit me.

Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich
For 2 sandwiches:
6 large jalapenos
2 tbsp cream cheese
1 tbsp ranch dressing
3 tbsp chopped chives
1 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes (julienne cut)
8 slices of cheese (I used 4 cheddar and 4 colby jack)
Butter
4 slices of sourdough bread


1. I always start by getting the butter out of the refrigerator first so that way, when I'm ready to spread it on the bread, it'll be nice and soft.

2. Go ahead and roast the jalapenos. I am by no means an expert on roasting jalapenos. I really had no idea what I was doing, so I'm determine to perfect this and try again on another day!
I just sprayed a pan with some PAM and roasted for about 15 minutes on medium heat.
(Okay, so I didn't really roast them, but I made do...)

After this, you're supposed to put the jalapenos in a paper bag to "steam" so you can easily pull the skins off. Well, I was pressed for time, so I skipped this step and left the skins on....again, I'll try again later.

3. While the jalapenos were roasting, I combined the cream cheese, chives, ranch, & tomatoes.


4. Cut the jalapenos in half and remove the seeds and spines.

5. On one slice of bread, spread the cream cheese mixture and lay out your jalapenos.

6. Then top with cheese. I used 2 slices of colby jack and 2 slices of cheddar.

7. Generously butter the outside of the sandwich and heat in panini grill at 375 degrees. If you don't have a panini grill, you can grill in a pan on medium heat until golden brown.


 Serve with a beer (or two) and enjoy! It was VERY good and next time I will try to REALLY roast the jalapenos AND take the skins off, but even pressed for time without doing those things, this was a yummy yummy lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment