Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pickin' Pinecones

I'm so happy November is here, but you as well as I know that November flies by without even a second belch after Thanksgiving. Now, I LOVE Christmas, but I also would like to savor all November and its holiday has to offer. It's practically Christmas...as much as I hate to think so.  So I started thinking I needed to be proactive and at least start thinking about Christmas decor. So with a project idea in mind, C & I went out on a mission...pinecone pickin'.

Now pinecone picking is super easy because well, this time of year, they are already "picked" for you. We grabbed only a backpack to put the pinecones in and set out. (Well, I don't have to have to mention that of course the backpack also held diapers, wipes, snacks, milk, extra clothes, his lovey and more, do I??? And keep in mind we only traveled a mile away from our house!)

 As we were going along on our nature walk, we'd stop and look at the pinecones.

 Some were too broken, and others were just right!

 We found some pretty good pinecones that would be great for the project!

 We had a great time pinecone pickin' and my sweet son had a blast helping out in my project! Stayed tuned for how my project turns out!

1 comment:

  1. OMG Clark looks sooo adorable in his little hat! This could be a Baby Gap ad! Can't wait to see what your project is ;)

    ReplyDelete