Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Crockpot Potato Soup

I always look forward to a hot dinner, especially during the cold weather! And soups are great for warming you up on a chilly night! However my only knowledge on making a soup comes from what I learned on Top Chef. So to sum up all my soup facts, basically it's all about timing and seasoning. Two things which I suck at am still learning.
So when perusing pinterest, I came across not only a crockpot potato soup recipe, but one where I didn't have to dice any potatoes! Heeellllo Beeeautiful! I was instantly hooked. So of course, I changed it into a vegetarian recipe, but you can find the original recipe here! It was as easy as the site said it would be!

Crockpot Potato Soup (vegetarian version):
1 30 oz. bag of frozen, shredded hash browns
3 14 oz. cans of vegetable broth 
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 tsp. ground pepper
1 pkg. cream cheese


In a crockpot, combine everything EXCEPT for the cream cheese. Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours. I did 6 and it turned out great. About 1 hour before serving, add cream cheese and keep heated until thoroughly melted. I served mine with cheese, bacon bits, & chives. And YES, I used plain ole artificial bacon bits and it still tasted great!  NOM NOM NOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment