Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Black Bean Brownies


I'll get right to the point. Delicious & healthy??? With more protein than fat, I say these are a definite healthy treat! Plus no guilt trip feeding these to my son (or eating the whole batch myself???). I saw this recipe on Dr. Oz a while back and tried them out. They turned out great and were pretty easy to make. Ever since, I've been replacing 'real' brownies with these and have had no complaints from my family. I love them and my husband even gets excited when I whip these up. So I thought with a lot of healthy New Year resolutions out there, I'd share this recipe.

Black Bean Brownies
15 oz can of black beans, drained & rinsed
1/2 cup agave syrup
1/2 cup self-rising flour
1/2 cup egg whites
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
6 tbsp mini semisweet chocolate chips

1) First, preheat the oven to 350°. Spray an 8x8 baking dish with PAM.
2.) Mix all the ingredients (except the chocolate chips) in a food processor (or blender). Chop until smooth. Scrape down the sides and blend for another 15 seconds or so.
3.) Pour into the baking dish and spread. 
4.) Sprinkle on the chocolate chips. (You can stir in or leave on top. I like to leave mine on top...and okay, okay, I add in a few extra chips as well....)
5.) Bake for 20 minutes (until the toothpick test comes out clean). Cool and serve!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Leslie has made these for me before and I absolutely loved them! I need to make them soon, they'd be great for my weight watchers :)

    ReplyDelete