Monday, January 2, 2012

Bleach, Floss & a Butter knife

I usually keep a pretty clean kitchen. It's a never ending chore, but I try my best to keep it constantly clean because it's where everyone ends up most of the time. However, moving into an older house, the appliances and fixtures have a bit of build up that I tend to gloss over in my daily cleaning. But NOT ANYMORE! My first tackle to a better 2012: the kitchen sink!
I'm sure there are a million people out there with spotless sinks with no build up, but apparently I had failed to notice how disgusting my faucet was. So for this reason, I thought I'd share my accomplishment in case anyone else had failed to notice theirs.
Ewww, even from here you can see the gunk that has built up around the faucet's rings! Anyway, point is, I went from this:

To this: ahhhhhhhhhhhh....so much better

First I doused the faucet with bleach. Then I took some floss to get in between the pieces and flicked some of the gunk out.
Then I took the flat edge of the butter knife (which also works well to get in between the crevices) and popped off some of the gunk that was really stuck on there. After that I scrubbed with some SoftBleach and rinsed and was done! 
Hopefully, when I now look at my kitchen sink, my kitchen will automatically feel cleaner to me and inspire me to tackle some other details I've ignored in the past!

No comments:

Post a Comment