Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Vegetarian Crescent Burritos


I'm always looking for a quick and easy dinner to make, so I thought I'd share this easy one. It only takes half an hour!
I got inspired from the Pillsbury website - they are always sharing quick recipes using their crescent rolls. So I took their beef and bean burrito and made a yummy vegetarian version!

Bean Crescent Burritos (vegetarian)

1 lb Boca meat crumbles (vegetarian) or Quorn veggie meat crumbles (vegan)
(1 lb is usually the whole package)
*you can always substitute the veggie crumbles for real meat if you want
One 15 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
3 tablespoons of taco seasoning
2 cans of Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
8 slices of cheddar cheese
handful of shredded cheddar cheese for topping

1. Mix the veggie crumbles, beans, and taco seasoning in a skillet and cook over medium-high heat, stirring throughout. I cook until the beans are hot (by this time, the crumbles should be completely thawed and cooked as well).

2. Separate dough into 8 long triangles. Since I used the crescent rolls, I pressed the perforations together by using my fingers to create a seal, pushing one finger up on the perforation and one finger pulling down at the same time. It should look like this:

3. Place a piece of cheese on each rectangle. Then spoon the bean mixture down the center. Starting with the short end, roll the dough up like so:
(I like making enough for left overs, so you will have a bit of the bean mixture to spare. Place the leftover in tupperware and set in the fridge. You can make yummy egg tacos with it in the morning.)

4. Pinch the edges to seal and place the burritos seam side down on a cookie sheet and sprinkle with cheese.
5. Bake at 375 F for 20 minutes and then serve! I served mine with some quick Spanish rice and tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment