Sunday, October 30, 2011

Choc-"boo!"-late Munch

Okay, so I got the "baking" bug tonight and since tomorrow is Halloween, I decided to whip up some Halloween inspired munchy stuff! So here is what I threw together that I had around my house to create my Choc-"boo!"-late Munch!

3 cups of mini pretzels
2 cups honey nut Chex
1 cup dry roasted peanuts
8 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups of Reese's Pieces

1. Lay out the pretzels, Chex, and peanuts.
 2. Melt the chocolate on low heat. (I also added a couple tablespoons of water to thin out the chocolate.)
 3. Mix the chocolate and pretzel mix together. I just went simple and used my hands.
4. Mix in the Reese's Pieces. (I used 1.5 cups, but you can use more if you'd like. That was all I had, but it turned out to be enough I think!)

To get in the spirit, I got some Blood Orange sparkling -ade to go with for a little late night snack, and as far as the rest goes...I needed to get it out of my house as soon as possible before I ate the whole batch!


 So I packaged it up to send it to work with Q. And PRESTO! It's vanished! No more temptation!

This would be great to do with left-over Halloween candy too!

No comments:

Post a Comment